Please follow these steps to protect your backup and HYCU
- Configure HYCU VM and Target Storage in separate network segment and access source(VM/Applications) over predefined ports(Refer firewall guide for inbound/outbound protocol)
- Change default HYCU SSH password.
- While whitelisting the filesystem in Nutanix, mention specific IP address is used and do not use wild card character to leave the access open
- Have a dedicated storage system for your HYCU target and do not attach HYCU target to any other server.
- Ensure there is always DR copy of HYCU controller, HYCU VM to be backed up with an RPO (least RPO value) as frequently as other VMs and application backed by HYCU.
- Always ensure 3.2,1 copy of your data (with 1 offsite, preferably Cloud target)