The Comtrade Nutanix Plugin for New Relic allows you to monitor your Nutanix performance data from within the New Relic platform by pulling metrics in from the system and displaying them in a set of intuitive, graph-based monitoring dashboards.
The Nutanix plugin collects data by making requests to the Prism Element or Prism Central. Before installing and configuring the plugin, ensure your system meets the following requirements:
New Relic Requirements
- A New Relic account
Nutanix Plugin Requirements
- Hardware: NX 1000+
- Nutanix REST API version 1+
- A least privieged user account of read-only
- Java 1.7 or higher
- JAVA_HOME variable is set and PATH is updated properly (For both Windows and Linux)
- A Comtrade License. A trial license will ship with the plugin that is valid for 14 days. To obtain a production license or get pricing information for the plugin, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downloading and installing the NPI
New Relic Platform Installer (NPI) needs to be installed prior to Management Pack (New Relic Plugin). The installer is a command line tool that helps you easily download, configure, and manage New Relic Platform Plugins.
Use following command in your terminal to download the NPI tool to the directory
LICENSE_KEY=<YOUR_KEY_HERE> bash -c "$(curl -sSL https://download.newrelic.com/npi/release/install-npi-linux-<linux-system-type>.sh)"
NOTE: Check the list of NPI installations on link given in the command. In case that appropriate installation is available on the list, replace <linux-system-type> with linux operating system type you install plugin on (e.g. debian-x86).
Replace <YOUR_KEY_HERE> with your New Relic License Key.
1) Navigate to: http://download.newrelic.com/npi/release/ and download the latest archive for your system.
2) Extract the archive to a location of your choice.
3) Run the following commands to configure the New Relic Platform installer to use your New Relic license key:
npi config set license_key <YOUR_LICENSE_KEY>
Installing the Plugin
Once the NPI tool has been installed, run the following command:
./npi install com.comtradesoftware.nutanix
This command will take care of the creation of
plugin.json files described in the "Configuration of New Relic MP" article.