Installing the Management Pack in vRealize Operations involves completing the following tasks:
- Uploading the Installation File(s)
- Adding the License Key
Uploading the Installation File
The Management Pack for Nutanix is installed by uploading a .pak file:
- Obtain the Management Pack installation file from download vRealize MP link
- Save the .pak file in a temporary location
- Log in to vRealize Operations as an admin user
- In top pane go to Administration
- In the right panel, the Solutions tab will be displayed
- Click the Add icon (green plus sign) to upload the .pak file to the vRealize Operations server. In the dialog that appears, browse to the location of the saved .pak file, then click Upload
NOTE: The .pak file upload may take several minutes to complete. Status information appears in the Installation Details text box throughout the installation process
- Click the Next button when the upload has finished. Read the End User License Agreement (EULA) and click the ‘I accept the terms of this agreement’ checkbox to accept, then click the Next button
- Click the Finish button when the installation process is complete
- Comtrade vROps Management Pack for Nutanix should be available in the list of solutions
Adding a License Key
The vROps Management Pack for Nutanix requires a valid license for full operation. Complete the following steps to license the Management Pack:
- In vRealize Operations Manager, navigate to Administration page
- On the left pane expand Management and select Licensing
- Click the Add icon. In the dialog that appears, select 'Nutanix' from list of products and solutions.
- Enter your license key, then click Validate. If successful, License key validated successfully will be displayed.
- Click Save and your license will become visible under Nutanix by Comtrade Software solution
NOTE: If using vROps 6.0.0, adding a license to a license group is necessary. In later versions, the License will automatically be added to a group.
To perform adding the license to the group, do the following steps:
- Navigate to License Groups tab
- Select the license group Nutanix Licensing, then click the Edit icon
- Check the newly added license.
- Enter a name for this license group, then click Next.
- Select the resources to include/exclude in this group, then click Next
- Click Finish
- Navigate back to License Keys and click the Refresh License Usage icon